Saturday, July 05, 2008

Meeting face to face with the OFBiz people

It is exciting to play a role in the community of an international open source project like Apache OFBiz: you have a chance to interact with smart and brilliant people from all over the World.

Here is a visual representation of the committers and PMC (Project Management Commitee) members of the OFBiz project: ASF World Map.

As you can see, mostly all the continents in the World are represented, and we also have users from South America, Africa and China.

And in the last few years, I had the pleasure to meet face to face several of the OFBiz people; yesterday I was really happy to meet Christian Geisert here in Padova.

Here is the list of the persons that I met so far:

Olivier Heinz in Padova
Si Chen in New York
Andrew Zeneski in New York
David Welton in Padova
Yoav Shapira in Padova
David Jones in Salt Lake City
Tim Ruppert in Salt Lake City
Christian Geisert in Padova

I am sure that I will have a chance to meet many others during the next ApacheCon event that is going to happen in November in New Orleans. I am going to write more about it in future posts.

No comments: